Monday, June 14, 2010

A SLO and Painful goodbye

Let the tour begin!!!. Now that we are basically done with work and are only 2 weeks from no longer having an address in SLO we have started to make sure and say a proper goodbye to the city we have loved and lived in for the past decade.

It started with a week of goodbyes at the school where we have lived, learned and grown over the years. It was an emotional experience saying goodbye to the women that have acted as friends, mentors and on occasion stood in as mothers (when needing advice on dealing with Charter, or whether or not to go to the ER for stitches). ASI has been a place where we grew as teachers and gained the skills that we will carry with us in our future adventures.

Now that we are down to 10 days in SLO we have kicked in to high gear on the central coast bucket list (things to do before leaving town). Instead of telling you all about it I have put a link below to a Picasa web album. Check out the pics:


How many more things will we squeeze in? Stay tuned?

7 comments:

  1. Your new camera is sooooo nice!! I cannot wait to see the pictures from Turkey. Where are you guys going to be in 10 days? What day do you leave the US? It all seems so far away and we are going to miss you guys like crazy. Please give me more info...

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember the first night we met you and you brought all those shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be starting to travel the state on our tour of California. You are definitely on the agenda for at least one visit. We will be letting you know when we are actually leaving the US.

    The camera is awesome. I needed to have options! I had to have shoe choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it looks like you're doing a great job capturing all the things that make SLO a special place to live. It sure made me with i could be going on this "goodbye" tour with you at least! Can't wait to see what else you guys do with the little time you have left, and then the awesomeness of Turkey!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picasso web album did not want to accept my comments, which is sad because they were funny. Either way, the photos are great- made me miss you both and made me miss SLO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me miss SLO, and you. When are you coming to me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see the pictures of when we went out!!!! PLUS of Turkey...of course. I miss you guys right now!!!!! I hope everything is going fantastic....talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete