Saturday, October 8, 2011

Alan's Favorite things

Much like my wife Erin I am having a hard time coming back to both of my Blog projects (If you don't know about my photo blog check it out at afuzzyconcept.blogspot.com). So in order to ease myself into this I am going to do a short list of my favorite things of the month. Some may have a link for you to enjoy others might only be a picture. Hopefully this will be the veritable AED shock I need to get going again.

So here it goes:

1: I love this picture and it still feels new and exciting to call that girl my wife. ( I know cheesy, but true). Thank you Chris Wroble for the photo.



2: In an effort to save money we have disconnected our cable box and started listening and watching podcasts and free Tv to get our news. Here are a few of our favorites:

Rachel Maddow- Keeping up on the news
BBC Global News- Important to keep up on international events
Best of the Left-sometimes it is a little too far to the left, but I like to hear the media clips.
Comedy Central-I love that they allow this to stream internationally!!!
Superego-This is pure ridiculous improv, but I have found myself giggling like Anderson Cooper to some of the skits.


3: Our Garden on the Balcony
After leaving the plants for the two hottest months of the Turkish Summer I was pleased to see that only one of the plants was sacrificed to the sun gods. That means that we are getting some nice autumn blooms and leaves. Here are some pictures:
Begonia

Dahlia

Peppers

Plumeria grown from a cutting taken off of a plan at the park





























4: My annual birthday CD "Going Cold Turkey" was finally compiled and I enjoy listening to it at work to drown out all of Turkish people who insist on talking over each other. You could also have a copy in just seven short emails.

My final favorite for today's list is the reincarnation of Taco Tuesdays (soon to be moved to another day due to yoga cult obligations). Since our good friends Danielle and Brian are on the same side of the earth as we are, we realized that scheduling a skype date is much easier than it used to be so we are having more regular contact with these particular friends. It's great. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well out there! I'm totally behind you with the no TV thing. And I LOVE your garden! Great pictures. And what's this "Cold Turkey" CD/is it your music? If so I'd totally take 7 short emails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, it isn't my own just a collection of my favorite songs from the year. A little thing I have done for the past 4 years to keep a soundtrack of my life. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Going Cold Turkey" is the album of the year!

    I was just telling Bryan that you have mind control over me, Alan. Seriously, I never listen to new music because I am a pop generation bimbo, tending to like only what is familiar (aka what is played nonstop on the radio). Because I cherish your cds because you made them, I listen to them repeatedly which makes me familiar with the music and therefore, liking new stuff. Well, only the stuff on your cds.

    Use the power wisely, Friend. You know I am susceptible to cults. :)

    ReplyDelete