Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Meeting the kids...

Our time has started with the children now, and it is going as expected. This week is orientation week for all of the children. The children have been coming in with their parents and basically we let them play and walk around and introduce ourselves. Of course the day wouldn't be complete without a child running away from me, leaving his sharks at the table, heading straight for dad yelling "HAYIR, HAYIR." (NO, NO). It seems like some things are universal. The "I'm about to cry" look is the same, with the bottom lip out and the big eyes. Children who don't want mom or dad to leave hang on to them in the same way they do in America. So although many of the children look at me funny when I speak to them in English, they seemed ready to join in the singing and dancing when I brought out the Ukulele. So far this week has only excited me for the idea of what the rest of the year will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment