Saturday, April 28, 2012

Kapadokyian Dream


Our second journey to Kapadokya was just as magical as the first.  We did a little less rorschach-test-rock-staring, and a little more "Let's live in a cave," dreaming.  Ok. I did more of the dreaming.  Alan did his husbandly duties, and pretended to listen and looked in the other direction when the eye-rolling-need arose. 


While we were touring, I argued with my self over how much I wanted to go on a hot air balloon tour.  I've been wanting to go for a few years now, but can't get over the price.  Being a penny pincher, the 150 Euro per person price is one I can't wrap my head around. So for the past few years I've been saying "Someday when we're rich.  Someday when we have better jobs. Someday when we aren't facing a year of Starbucks."  Unfortunately, "someday" we'll have children, and probably no more money than we have now.  

But sometimes you have to seize the day. Sometimes you have to spend your hard-earned, hard-saved money on the things you really want to experience...

And sometimes you have AMAZING in-laws who want to gift this experience to you.  

Our balloon.
Our basket (it fit 24!)

Our fire.
Our view.
Our shadow.




THANK YOU KITTY AND FRANK FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL AND MEMORABLE FLIGHT.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time! You lucky dogs, getting to see Kapadokya twice.

    ReplyDelete