Monday, January 23, 2012

Budapest Day 3: I want to go to there

Budapest is so magical...

In a few days we'll tour the Fisherman's Bastion, which is reminiscent of a real life Disney Princess Castle.  I promise LOTS of pictures.

But today, we saw something entirely different, but just as magical: the real life Disney Haunted Mansion.
Duh-Duh-DUUUUUUMMMM

You know the kids at Disneyland?  The ones screaming, stomping and wailing "I WANT IT!!!!!"?  I became one of those kids today.  The Haunted Mansion has that power over me.

Re-enactment? Why not?

Setting:  Here

Erin: (freezes, drops jaw, points) I want to go to there!

Alan: (takes more photos, ignores wife)

Erin: (Tugs on husbands sleeve) LOOOOOK! That is definitely haunted, and I definitely want to go there. 

Alan: Why am I not surprised?  (Takes another photo, starts walking.)

Erin:  But... But... I want to. Hey! I bet it's for rent! We can go to an openhouse!!!

Alan: (Keeps walking. Probably rolls his eyes.)  

Erin: (Whines.  Stamps foot.  Balls up fists. Contemplates a full-blown tantrum.  Glances at mud puddle on ground. Re-considers. Begins to gain back some semblance of adulthood. Whimpers almost unintellegably...) I never get to do what I want.

End scene. 

Old houses. They do that to me.



*Note:  As is always the case, this story is completely factual and, word-for-word, EXACTLY what happened.  No exaggeration or dramatization.*





1 comment: