Friday, January 27, 2012

"Da Basilica"

Yesterday we traveled to Esztegom to see the first capitol of the Hungarian Empire, and the largest Church in Hungary.  My Mom studied the history of the town and gave us a walking tour as we went.


Knock Knock

Who's there?

View from Slovakia




As we're gazing upon it's magnificence, I ask my mom (the teacher) "Who's basilica is this?"
Mom: "Huh?"
Me: "What's this basilica called?"
Mom: (confidently) "Well that would be 'El Grande Basilica'."
Me: "Ha Ha, no really."
Mom: "Erin, this is THE BIGGEST. They just call it 'Da Basilica'."
Erin:  "Never mind I'll ask Alan."
Alan: "Yeah, ask me, I bet I know the answer.  What are we talking about?"
Erin: "What's this basilica called?"
Alan: "Oh yeah.  You know... It's St. Ubidubilus Basilica."

Real name: Basilica of St. Adalbert

1 comment: